Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spike Lee

Recently I watched the film When the Levees Broke by Spike Lee. Before watching the movie I wasn't very informed on how slowly the government responded or how huge the disaster really was. After watching the movie I am upset with the government for taking so long to respond to such a huge disaster like this. To live in a country where you’re told that you are free, free to be anything you want. We are supposed to have higher standards than other countries yet other countries responded to this disaster faster than our own. I feel Lee really told the story the way it should have been told, he didn’t glamorize anything. It really made an impact on me and made me see the disaster from a whole other perspective. It makes me anxious for New Orleans because I know what these people went through and that I will be talking to people and hearing their stories, and I’m not sure if I will be able to hold it together and not break down and cry.

No comments: