Sunday, March 30, 2008

Seventh Day... 03/30/08






This morning I woke up at 5 to go out and photograph the lower 9th. The sunlight in the morning down there is amazing! While we were photographing the Military Police were following us. They watched us like hawks. While we were walking we came across this home that was nicknamed by us the band-aid house because it had band-aids painted on it. The entire back half of the house was ripped off and you could see inside. No one has touched it since the storm. There are still dishes in the cupboards and toys on the floor. It was the saddest thing I saw the entire trip. When we were done we headed back to the hotel to pick everyone up. When we walked into the airport we found out our flight was delayed an hour so we sat around and talked about our experiences over the past week. I got really bored so I pulled out my camera and started taking pictures of this woman who had a bright pink shirt that said famous.... hopefully I made her feel like it with the camera :). When we arrived at DFW we found that we missed our connector flight and were going to have to find a way to get us all on. Well the plane that was leaving at the moment had five seats left I was one of the five. My other classmates have to wait it out. When we got off the plane in Minneapolis we were told that our classmates will have to fly to Arkansas tonight and stay until morning where they will fly to Chicago and then finally back home. I hope all goes well and they have safe flights! Well that’s all for me I'm so tired and need to get some sleep before the first day of the quarter tomorrow. Good Luck Class!

1 comment:

Colleen Mullins said...

Hey--did you come to my show in St. Paul? That "My Marks" property is the subject of one of my pieces in the show.