Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sixth Day 03/29/08






This morning we woke up at 7am, loaded up the van, and headed out to the Honey Swamp tour. Where we toured the bayous and swamps. While on the boat we saw a large alligator and our tour guide fed him marshmallows. It was really fun watching his mouth come out of the water and watching him chew. After our tour we loaded up the van and drove back into town to meet up with the people from parkway partners. After they explained what they wanted then we went over to a small market store that had Chinese food. It was the best Chinese I have ever had. When we finished we headed back over to the tree planting where we photographed. I mainly photographed two girls that were around my age. They were fun to talk to. As I walked around I found a young child watching from a doorway and another young boy playing basketball as he watched them plant trees in his neighborhood, and it made me really happy to know these kids will grow up with the trees and have them around to play under and around. After we left we headed over to the lower 9th Ward. It was just a huge open area with steps and foundations. There were only a few houses left around. It's sad knowing the area was once a neighborhood. When we got back we all went out for dinner. It was so much fun you could tell we all had a special bond from this trip. We laughed and played silly games. It made me feel like I was really a part of something. A few of us headed back to the hotel but on the way we got a call from Rich he told us we needed to walk down Bourbon St. just to experience it. So we walked back and as soon as we hit Bourbon I had a huge smile on my face it was amazing. With all the people in costumes and beads. I was amazed. I'm glad we went back. After we walked a couple of blocks we headed back because we had to get up early in the morning.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Brittany,

I've really enjoyed reading your posts. It sounds like you had a great experience down there. I wish I could have witnessed it all with you guys! Welcome home, have a great start to the quarter!

Michelle