Saturday, October 4, 2008

Duomo





Today was a really fun day! We had Italian class in the morning then for lunch we ate at the cafe Penny Lane you know like the Beatles song. After lunch Elenora took us to the market where they had street vendors selling clothes and food. There were so many things I wanted to buy but held myself back. After the market Jen, Ambar, and I decided to go to Duomo, a beautiful church, we saw it the other day but it was raining so the colors in the stained glass were not very pretty. When we got there we toured inside it is sooo beautiful. All of the stained glass windows and the paintings on the walls. I was in awe. After looking at the inside we wanted to climb to the top of the building to see the city. So we walked around the back of the building and payed 5 Euros to walk up to the top...not fun. I thought I was going to die we walked up so many flights of stairs, I can't believe we payed to walk up that many stairs, but we decided it was cheaper than going to the gym :) When we reached the top we could see the whole city and the moutains that surround Milan. It was such a beautiful sight. After walking around on the roof for a while we decided we needed some gelato it was delicious! By the end of our gelato we were so tired we started to walk back to our apt and on the way I found a beautiful dark purple scarf that I bought and I am so exited to wear. All in all today was a fun day! I am falling in love with this city!

No comments: